Sunday, February 05, 2006

life at 4 months

i can't believe i have to go to bed before my first superbowl even starts. dad says it is very special that it is my first superbowl and the steelers are in it. he says i am good luck for the guys! i guess i am about the closest thing to a cheerleader the black and gold have. mom likes that about the steelers and says she is happy for me to be a cheerleader for them as long as i keep my clothes on and don't shake it like a hoochie-mama. i don't really know what she is talking about...now or most of the time.

i have started giving "hugs". really what i do is turn my forehead right into mommy or daddys face while they are holding me. i close my eyes and rub my forehead back and forth. i guess its not an actual hug, but its me being cuddly. as far as kisses go, i still just open my mouth if you kiss me on it.

i have decided i love having my nappy changed. i start kicking my legs, open my eyes real big, and get my serious look. then, once i am flapping in the breeze, after being wiped i start chatting up a storm...and keep my legs kicking...through the whole thing. it feels so good to be fresh and clean!

we have a big week this week. i have to go to the doctor again and get more shots. mom keeps trying to explain to me that even though it hurts for a little bit that it helps keep me healthy...but i'm pretty clueless. i guess i'll figure it out when i actually get the shot. we are also going to talk to the doctor about starting on real food. i turned four months yesterday and that is when my friend isabella started. maybe it's time for me to start eating chicken wings too. they sound delicious. okay, maybe i won't start with chicken wings...

i am getting really good at holding myself up when i am on my belly. i haven't rolled over, but get pretty close sometimes when i am on my back. i guess this is not the way most babies do it, but i really like stretching and wiggling on my back more than my stomach.

i have been playing with my mat isabella gave me alot. i love batting around the different animals. i can't decide if i like the part that plays music, and i pretty much haven't discovered the mirror or pictures yet. but i am sure i will figure it out soon.

as for eating, i am still doing very well. i am up to 7 oz. now. i don't need the little baby tips any more...even when i'm tired. i have started recognizing my bottle. when i see it or when my mom or dad put my bib on i start getting really whiny. i don't realize i am hungry until then, but once i figure out its time to eat it's the only thing i can think about!

i go to bed at 8:00 almost every night. some nights i sleep better than others, and some nights i need my dummy more than others. but i can usually be persuaded to sleep until 8-10 in the morning. not bad for my age!

my drool problem seems to be getting worse. i am sticking more and more things in my mouth and like chewing on pretty much anything. i don't like it when i can't get my toys into my mouth, so my parents hang them down real low off my car seat and play mat.

today at church i smiled a lot at peter. my mom really likes him. he's a little older than me and moves around alot, so that's interesting. i really like watching most of the bigger kids. i can't wait until i can run around and play with them. mom says by the time i am their size they will be bigger, but that there are some other babies close to my age (and yet to be born) that i will be able to run around with.

No comments: