Monday, November 05, 2007

the many uses of the word "snug"

my dad has just taught me the word snug. he uses it when we get under the blanket together on the sofa. sometimes he tries to watch football, but i usually ask for diego or peter pan. but i have decided its such a great word that we should use it more ways. the other day he was under a blanket on the sofa and i crawled in with him. i said "dada snug...and lyvi snug...2 snugs". i think it makes a great noun. before that we were under the blanket together and i said "we're snugging." see, it also works as a verb.

i hope you are all snug!

1 comment:

jsi said...

Merry Christmas
2 snugs - tremendous!
And snugging. Or something being snug-worthy. Or needing a snug or missing a snug.
You can develop your very own language from her sayings.
Dave and I still use words and phrases from the kids as they were playing around with language, and they mean more to me because my little ones put them together. I can express so much with one little "No takka me" or "I berry berry no like dat".
And I weekly advise my husband when he leaves for the grocery store to "renenber da katbutch, its berry portant."

She is so beautiful, what gorgeous hair! Does she pick up much language from you and speak with a lilting drawl and soft southern American endings or has she adapted to British vowels and vernacular? Little angel has alot to listen to, its curious to imagine what her accent will sound like.