Friday, November 25, 2005

i have hands

yesterday i found these things that seem to be attached to me. they are good to suck and chew on...and i think i may even have some effect on what they do...but i'm not sure. i hold them really close to my face and wiggle them around. it makes me look crosseyed, but i am working hard to figure this one out!

my parents and i have been working hard to learn some other stuff, too. they have been trying to help me learn to go to sleep at midnight. some nights i am ready to go to sleep and some i am not, but i am trying to at least chill in my bed on my own until i am ready to fall asleep. if i can keep my pacifier/dummy in, it's okay. but when it falls out, i don't like the falling asleep so much. i have been sleeping for about 5 1/2 hours in a row every night. the last couple mornings i wake up, eat, am up for maybe 15 minutes then i fall back asleep for another 3-4 hours. i have also been learning to fall asleep on my own for my naps during the day. i do pretty well if i'm in my special chair, i'll try to get daddy to take my picture while i'm in it so you can see it. i really like it, but i sometimes fall to the side so my dad rolled up these little blankets to keep me from falling over...he takes good care of me.

i've been happier since my parents finally figured out i need more to eat! it took them a couple days, but eventually they figured it out. so, between getting better sleep and more food, i am doing great!

after i wake up from my nap, have my nappy/diaper changed, and eat, then i work out. my mom and dad have been helping me to work on my standing. i'm getting pretty good. they say strong leg muscles are important...plus they make it fun. they haven't quite figured out how to help me make my arms strong...but they'll probably come up with something. they seem to be doing okay at learning how to help me grow!

my dad has lost his mind and started talking gibberish to me. he says something like "popobobo" alot. he thinks he is talking my language, but i have no idea what he's saying. but at least it's fun to watch. last night he said the word "Miagi". as in, "mr. miagi died today" and when he said miagi, i smiled really big. so he keeps saying it, thinking i'll smile at him. if my mom or dad smile at me, i like smiling back most of the time.

after my workout and smiling, then talking and smiling...i am exhausted! sometimes i start telling my mom and dad that i am tired and want to go to sleep by whining and sometimes i just fall asleep. then i wake up and start all over again...that's pretty much my day!

last sunday i was awake at church and lots of people came to say hi to me and look at my open eyes! i only made it through about half the service before i fell asleep...my dad said it's okay, he understands. on wednesday we went to the american embassy to get my passport and social security number. i don't know what either of those are or why i need them! mom said we had to go so that we can go home in a few weeks, but i don't know what she's talking about...she's crazy! mom and i had to take the tube by ourselves (because dad had to work), but nice people helped her carry the stroller/push chair up and down the stairs. she was really nervous about how we were going to do that, but it was fine. she had to get up really early, because we had the first appointment of the day. i just woke up at my regular time, then fell asleep while when i got in my push chair.

i have to go to the doctor on tuesday for some more shots/injections. i don't think i'll like it too much, but hopefully it won't last long. mom and dad say they will help me stay healthy.

1 comment:

Becs said...

Hello, Lyv! I'm Becca, one of your Mummy and Daddy's friends-- you can call me Auntie B if you want! And guess what...I lived in England when I was a wee little babe, too! I live in the States now, though. I think you will like it over here, although I miss England alot some days. I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing pictures of you. A little model already, and SO beautiful. I'm glad you've discovered your hands-- helpful for when you play guitar and cello. If you don't know what those things are yet, don't worry; your Daddy will introduce them to you soon. You've got the COOLEST parents, Lyv (and a rather fine extended family, too...if I do say so myself!). I look forward to meeting you!