Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm one month old!

Tomorrow I am one month old. it seems only yesterday i lived in the idyllic world of the womb...no hunger, no thirst, no nappies (diapers in american), just floatin' around...those were the days! but i am learning to adjust to this strange world i've been born into.

the biggest news is this, i weigh 9lbs. 13oz. that is almost a pound more than the health visitor expected. my mom says she thinks i inherited good weight gaining genes! anyway, right now it means i am healthy! i already knew i was doing okay, but it seemed to relieve my mom...she's so neurotic!

mom and dad have started letting me do some big girl stuff. last week i learned about shopping! mom took me for a girls afternoon out to wood green high street. we rode the bus, looked in shops, and even had lunch at Quiznos. a few days later mom and dad took me to a cool place called Covent Garden. i've posted some pics of our day, it was great. the weather was perfect. that day i rode the tube, that was a really big deal! you should have seen my mom and dad trying to get my push chair (stroller) onto the tube!

i overheard mom and dad talking about going to another shopping place called Camden. mom says they have funky stuff and it's a great open air market. if the weather is good, maybe we'll go there this weekend. they really like taking me out for the afternoon. i sleep through almost the whole thing. give me a break, i'm only one month old!

i am starting to grow up though. i am chubbier now, you can see it in my cheeks and chin area, plus my thighs the most, but i'm pretty much filling out everywhere! i fit in my skin now, no more sagging! i recognize my bottle sometimes once it gets really close to my face, but i still think i can fit my fist in my mouth along with the bottle. i don't cry when mom and dad change my nappy, i jerk a little when the wipie touches me, but come on, it's cold! i like my bath now, just not getting out and drying off. ahhh, just letting the cares of the world melt away in a bubble bath. there is so much to learn, that sometimes i just need to chill out and de-stress! i have gone up a half size in my nappies, no more little baby newborn for me, we big girls need a little more than that!

oh, and more big news! the last two nights i have slept for seven hours straight! no waking up! now last night that was 4:30am-11:30am after almost driving my dad crazy, but 7 hours is a long time for me! i don't know if i will sleep 7 hours straight from now on the rest of my life, but i can do it!

so, that's a lot of what i have learned this first month. there have been ups and downs, goods and bads, but i think i am getting used to being here.

No comments: